- Applicant must be at early or mid-career. Post-Doc, Assistant Professor or Associate Professor and possess a PhD and/or MD in a relevant field.
- Project must be the original idea of the applicant or the applicant’s team.
- Project must be in an early phase. To be considered, the project may be in the planning phase, or may have been in in progress for no more than two years. The project may not be already funded from an external source.
- Applicants must devote at least 10% effort to the project during the funded period.
- Projects led by two or more individuals (Co-Investigators or Co-Is) may apply. both Co-Is must meet all eligibility requirements and must each devote 10% effort to the project.
- Applicant must be associated with a college, university or other type of educational institution described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and classified as a public charity under Section 509(a)(1).
- Applicant must commit to Project Timeline as stated here.
Note: Project can take the form of scientific research, technical development or deployment as a for-profit or non-profit activity. The core mission must be to create impact for the social good and consistent to S&R Foundation’s charitable purpose.