- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant must not be enrolled in a degree granting program.
- Applicants for the Washington Award must be residents of Washington DC.
- Applicant must demonstrate their commitment to an artistic career in music, dance, visual arts, or interdisciplinary practice.
- Applications must be received by the application deadline.
All applications must include the following:
- A completed application form.
- The applicant’s biography, and CV
- The required material submissions.
- Two references (include name, phone number, and email address). These references should be professionals involved in or associated with your discipline who can speak to your artistic practice.
- The required Artistic Statement (written or submitted as a video or audio recording)
The Washington Award Selection Committee will not return entry materials nor assume responsibility for the material submitted. Please read Terms & Conditions and FAQs before applying.